The 1st Step

I took out the small casket from under my bed, and after opening it, added the vial of blood to my collection.

With a forced smile on her face and tears leaking out of his eyes, he chopped off his limbs as the silhouette let out a hearty laugh.

He looked up at the twinkling night sky and breathed in long and deep before leaning backwards off the craggy cliff, arms spread out in a cross.

I was lying in my cell, arm across my face, when I heard the jangle of keys and a familiar voice floating across the room.

My prey's screams were like music to my ears as I approached them, the fire glinting off the knife in my hand and a manic smile on my face.

My best friend's rotting head was impaled on a wooden stake on my lawn as a warning to those who dared cross me.

He woke up on sweat-drenched sheets to a pair of blood-red eyes and a toothy shark smile. 

The knife slid straight in and out of the little girl as she gasped in surprise, loud enough to cover the woman's booming laugh.

The neon signs worsened his headache as he stumbled onto the black path filled with bright white eyes and loud horns.

A little tingle went down his spine as he smiled one last time, sinking deep into the depths of the freezing water mixed with his tears.


Comments

Popular Posts